We will assign a dedicated and highly experienced probate solicitor to handle your case. Their responsibilities will include:
- Identifying the legally appointed executors or administrators, as well as the beneficiaries.
- Precisely determining the type of Probate application that suits your situation.
- Procuring all the necessary documents required for the application.
- Filling out the Probate Application and the relevant forms from HMRC (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs).
- Drafting a legally oath for you to affirm.
- Lodging the application with the Probate Court on your behalf.
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate or Grant of Letters of Administration.
- Effectively managing the collection and distribution of all assets within the estate.
- Supplying you with a comprehensive set of Estate accounts that outline the assets and liabilities at the date of death, itemising all administration expenses, and presenting a Distribution account detailing the amounts due to each beneficiary.
How long will it take?
On average, estates that fall within the range below are dealt within 6 – 8 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 12 – 18 weeks. Collecting assets then follows, which can take between 6 – 12 weeks. Once this has been done, we can distribute the assets, which normally take 2 -3 weeks.